Did you know that submitting fitment data to Amazon is one of the best ways to improve your product visibility? Also known as ACES information, fitment data provides important information about the products you sell, and submitting it to Amazon can help increase your product ranking and sales.
When it comes to selling auto parts and accessories online, Amazon is one of the most popular eCommerce marketplaces. In order to list your products on Amazon, you need to submit fitment data for each product. And if you’re really serious about it, you may end up having to submit fitment data for hundreds or even thousands of products.
In this article, we will walk you through the process of submitting fitment data to Amazon. We will also explain why it’s important to submit this data and provide some helpful tips for making the submission process as easy as possible.
Why It’s Important To Submit Automotive Fitment Data To Amazon
Unlike most other industries, the automotive aftermarket sector has to deal with what’s known as fitment. Put simply, fitment (compatibility) is the type of data that provides very useful information regarding each automotive part and component made by an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or a third-party manufacturer. With so many different components on the market, it can be very difficult to know whether a certain part will actually fit a specific vehicle.
This is where submitting automotive fitment data to Amazon comes in. Automotive fitment data is a crucial piece of information that helps Amazon customers find the products they need. This data includes information such as vehicle make, model, and year, as well as the specific part or accessory that will fit that vehicle. Submitting this data to Amazon helps increase your product ranking and makes it easier for customers to find what they’re looking for.
In addition to helping customers find your products, submitting automotive fitment data can also help you avoid potential issues with customer complaints and costly returns. Fitment data ensures that customers are ordering the correct product for their vehicle, which reduces the likelihood of them needing to return the product.
Submitting automotive fitment data can have a big impact on your business, and it’s important to do it right. In the next section, we will walk you through the process of submitting fitment data to Amazon step-by-step.
Tools And Procedures Needed For Submitting Fitment Data To Amazon
It’s important to mention that Amazon typically prefers to receive fitment data from a manufacturer/brand owner or a third-party vendor that has been authorized by the manufacturer/brand owner. Not all vendors who ask to become a direct fitment data supplier to Amazon are accepted. The Amazon Automotive Part Finder team is in charge of this decision. If suitable fitment data isn’t available from either of the two sources above, Amazon will look for it from other sources in some cases.
That said, here are the tools and procedures you need to submit automotive fitment data to Amazon:
- An Amazon Seller Central Account separate from your main account: You will need to create a new Amazon Seller Central account to submit automotive fitment data. This account can be created by going to Amazon Seller Central and clicking on the “Sign up” button.
- Existing Amazon Standard Identification Numbers (ASINs) for all products: To submit automotive fitment data, you must have existing ASINs for all products.
- A product feed file with fitment data: This file needs to be in a tab-delimited text format and contain all relevant fitment data for your products.
- XML editor software: You will need to use the XML editor software to edit the product feed file before submitting it to Amazon. We recommend using a text editor like Notepad++, which is free to download.
- An AutoCare Association Membership: You will need to have an AutoCare Association membership in order to submit fitment data to Amazon.
- An Amazon Marketplace Web Service (MWS) account: You need to have an MWS account to submit fitment data to Amazon. You can create an MWS account by going to the MWS registration page and following the instructions.
- The Amazon Merchant Transport Utility (AMTU) software: You will need to use the AMTU software to upload the edited product feed file to Amazon.
- Fitment data automation tool: You will need to use the Fitment Data Automation Tool, such as myFitment, to automate the process of submitting fitment data to Amazon. Such a tool will greatly reduce the amount of time and effort required to submit fitment data and reduce the chances of errors.
A Step-by-Step Fitment Data Submission Process
When it comes to submitting automotive fitment data to Amazon, there are a few steps that you need to follow:
- Create a list of all items you wish to submit, including ASIN, product name, and any fitment data you want to provide. In doing so, be sure to check that you have the correct ASIN for each product.
- Second, you need to obtain an AutoCare VIP membership. This will give you access to the Amazon Merchant Transport Utility (AMTU), which is necessary for submitting fitment data.
- To update brand information in your data set with the numerical brand code in the Aftermarket Catalog Exchange Standard (ACES), use the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association (AAIA) Brand Table.
- Replace vehicle make/model data in your data set with numerical codes that fulfill the ACES standard by using the Vehicle Configuration Database (VCdb) data from AutoCare. This step is necessary in order to ensure that your data set is compatible with the Amazon system.
- To submit your XML file to Amazon, you must first create a sample file. For this, you can use a text editor like Notepad++. Once you have completed the sample file, open it in the XML editor and edit it according to the instructions in the Amazon MWS Schemas.
- To submit your fitment data, create a new Amazon Seller Central account and store the data there. Once your sample file is safe, wait for Amazon to approve it. Make any necessary adjustments. This step is important as it will help to ensure that your data is error-free.
- Create a complete XML feed identical to the one in your customized sample. This file will be used to submit your entire data set to Amazon.
- Create an Amazon Marketplace Web Service (MWS) account. To do this, go to the MWS registration page and follow the instructions. This will allow you to access the Amazon MWS system, which is necessary for submitting your fitment data.
- Install the Amazon Merchant Transfer Utility (AMTU) program. By doing so, you will be able to upload your complete XML file to Amazon.
- Set up your AMTU program with the information from your account. This step will ensure that your file is properly processed by the Amazon system.
- To submit all of your feeds to Amazon, use AMTU to generate one file for each brand. This final step will allow you to submit your data in a format that Amazon can easily read and process.
While submitting fitment data to Amazon may seem like a daunting task, following the steps above will help ensure the process goes smoothly. In doing so, you can be sure that your data is accurate and up-to-date, saving you time and effort in the long run.
How myFitment Can Help
While it’s possible to submit automotive fitment data to Amazon by hand, this process can be incredibly laborious and time-consuming. This is especially true if you have a large number of products or if you plan on submitting fitment data on a regular basis.
myFitment is a tool that can automate the process of submitting automotive fitment data to Amazon. myFitment can quickly and easily generate the XML files necessary for submission, as well as submit those files directly to Amazon for you. myFitment can also help you to keep your data accurate and up-to-date, making the process of submitting automotive fitment data to Amazon much easier and less time-consuming.
If you’re interested in learning more about how myFitment can help you submit automotive fitment data to Amazon, or if you have any questions about the process, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We would be more than happy to help you get started.