If you run an online car parts store, you’ve undoubtedly noticed how difficult it is to keep up with today’s eCommerce market and the automotive aftermarket. The auto eCommerce sector is experiencing significant changes in technological innovation, customer experience, expectations, and evolving competitive power. These adjustments influence how your consumer base, automotive suppliers, and other aftermarket auto part sellers do business and create value.
The global automotive aftermarket is worth roughly $400 billion. This money is spread across 535,000 auto parts retailers. There is significant potential to enhance your auto parts and accessories sales by concentrating on inventory management and branding.
When it comes to selling vehicle parts online, having fitment data is essential to assist potential consumers in figuring out which component or accessory will fit their car. Each component’s year, make, model, trim, submodel, engine, and other pertinent information must all be recorded.
If there are several makes and models of vehicles, the fitment (compatibility) data that comes with it must be clear, comprehensive, and correct so that consumers can locate all of your parts that suit their needs. This data goes beyond the manufacturer’s name and includes all available aftermarket goods compatible with the customer’s vehicle. For an internet company selling auto components and accessories, this is when an automobile parts catalog comes in handy.
Aftermarket automobile eCommerce firms use aftermarket parts catalogs to sell online. It also aids those who are establishing an online auto parts business by providing them with the tools they need to create websites, store items, and distinguish their brands from the competition.
If you’re in the business of selling car parts, then you know just how important it is to have an accurate car parts catalog. Not only do car parts catalogs help your customers find the right part for their car, but they also play a crucial role in increasing sales. In this guide, we will discuss how to build an auto parts catalog, ways of maintaining it, and the importance of fitment data.
Why Do You Need A Car Parts Catalog?
A car parts catalog is an online or printable resource that provides vehicle owners with information about spare parts and attachments available for their automobiles. It contains product descriptions, photographs, pricing, and other vital information that can aid customers in finding the right auto component for their needs.
Creating a car parts catalog may appear to be a difficult project, but it is critical to have one since it allows consumers to get the information they need to make educated purchases. ECommerce platforms like Amazon and eBay also employ it as a means of vetting potential merchants on their marketplaces.
A car parts catalog may be beneficial to both vehicle owners and repair professionals. It aids automobile owners in finding the components they require to keep or repair their cars. A car parts catalog for mechanics can be a useful resource when diagnosing and repairing automobiles. In addition, an auto parts catalog will provide consumers with pricing information so that they can compare car parts.
How to Build a Car Parts Catalog
Every car parts catalog should include the following elements:
- A car parts catalog should have a title that is reflective of the car’s make, model, and year.
- The car parts catalog should be organized by car part type.
- Each car part in the catalog should have its own individual entry that includes a photo, description, and price.
- The car parts catalog should be easy to navigate and searchable.
It may appear to be a difficult job, but having a car parts catalog is necessary in order to give customers the information they need to make educated purchasing decisions. You can build a car parts catalog that is both useful and trustworthy by including all of the aforementioned key details.
When it comes to actually building a car parts catalog, there are several steps that need to be followed:
You can use a number of tools to create a vehicle parts catalog, including WordPress. You may also utilize a car parts software program like Auto Parts Warehouse to build your own automobile part collection. If you want to start from the ground up and construct your own vehicle parts catalog, you’ll need access to all of the available automotive components and extras.
Next, you will have to take photographs of each car part. Once you have all of the images that you need, it’s time to start writing descriptions for each car part in your catalog. Be sure to include as much detail as possible so that customers will be able to make informed decisions.
Following that, you’d want to choose the format for your automobile component catalog. Do you want an online car component catalog or a printable car component catalog? Collect all of the pertinent information for each part. The name of the manufacturer or supplier, the part number, a description of the part’s function, and any special installation or care instructions are included. Organize your data into a logical structure. You might divide your material into separate parts categories based on manufacturer or supplier, or arrange it alphabetically by manufacturer or supplier.
After you have written descriptions and taken pictures of all of the car parts, it’s time to add them to your catalog. You can do this by creating a table of contents that lists each car part type and its corresponding page number.
Now that you know how to build a car parts catalog, it’s important to learn how to keep it maintained.
An auto parts catalog needs to be updated regularly in order to remain accurate. You should check for new car parts and update your catalog as needed. In addition, you should keep an eye on car part prices and make sure that your catalog reflects any changes.
It’s also important to monitor the quality of the car parts in your catalog. If you notice that a car part is no longer available or if it has been discontinued, be sure to remove it from your catalog so as not to mislead customers.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your car parts catalog is both accurate and up-to-date.
Additional Features Needed For a Car Parts Catalog
Aside from the platforms themselves, other software services may go beyond the limitations imposed by these systems. Some of these solutions can work with any catalog, regardless of the system used by the firm. The following are some examples of characteristics that might improve your catalog’s performance:
- A My Garage Feature – This would be a useful tool for car owners who want to keep track of the car parts they have purchased. Customers should be able to add multiple automobiles to their virtual garages. Because of this feature, customers and consumers will be able to switch between their preferred automobiles quicker and easier. It’s also a superior choice over repeating the same selection process every time they visit your automobile part website.
- A Wish List Feature – Customers can add car parts to their wish list in order to save them for later or share them with friends and family. This feature will also allow you to keep track of car parts that customers are interested in but have not yet purchased.
- A Review and Rating Feature – Customers can write reviews and rate car parts that they have purchased from your catalog. This would be a great way to get feedback from customers about the car parts you offer. In addition, it would allow you to identify car parts that are popular with customers and those that are not.
- A Comparison Feature – This would allow customers to compare car parts side-by-side in order to make the best purchasing decision. This feature would be especially useful for car parts that are similar in function but different in price.
- A Parts Diagram – A parts diagram would be a helpful addition to any car parts catalog. It would allow customers to see how the car part fits into the overall scheme. This functionality is frequently built as an interactive image with a variety of automobile components. When the part number is clicked, the user will be taken to the website for that option, where they can learn more about it. Given that even experts have trouble determining the proper name of particular car parts and gadgets, having part diagrams in.
- A Payment Tool – A payment tool would allow customers to pay for car parts directly through the catalog. The payment system should be able to link to the year/make/model search function so that consumers can quickly locate the correct component for their vehicle. It should also be capable of taking a variety of payments, such as credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal.
- Multiple Shipment Options – Customers should be able to choose from a variety of shipping options in order to receive their car parts as soon as possible. In some cases, they may want the components to be delivered to their home or workplace, and in other situations, they may wish to pick them up at a local store. Customers should be able to use shipping options that are linked with the year/make/model search tool so that they can quickly locate the right component for their car.
- A Fitment Data Search Filter – This would be a great way for customers to find car parts that fit their specific vehicle. The search filter should take into account the make, model, and year of the customer’s car. In addition, it should be able to identify whether the vehicle is a sedan, SUV, truck, or another type of vehicle. When your visitors are looking for a specific vehicle part or accessory, they’ll need this type of assisted navigation tool. For example, when a user inputs “Ford Puma 2020,” the year/make/model search filter will only show those car parts that will fit that particular automobile. Simultaneously, the user experience may be improved by adding more customization and database mapping. Something similar to an extra option such as a motor, gearbox, fuel type, or other features.
How To Manage and Maintain Your Car Parts Catalog
Building a car parts catalog is only the first step in creating a successful car parts business. In order to increase sales and keep customers coming back, you need to maintain an accurate and up-to-date catalog. Here are some tips on how to manage and maintain your car parts catalog:
- Keep track of changes in the automotive industry. New models are released every year, and older models are discontinued. Make sure that your catalog reflects these changes.
- Pay attention to fitment data. This is the information that tells you whether a particular car part will fit a specific vehicle. Fitment data changes all the time, so it’s important to keep your catalog up-to-date.
- Keep an eye on your competition. See what other catalogs are doing and try to improve on their offerings.
- Make sure your payment system is up-to-date. Accepting credit cards, debit cards, and PayPal should be a given.
It takes a lot of time and significant work to maintain your fitment data up to date. Large eCommerce platforms like Amazon and eBay Motors have their own vehicle lists that are regularly updated. You can sort your items by region, style, or both, allowing for car make and model changes based on geographical locations.
While you may manually keep a vehicle parts catalog, it is crucial to note that this is a time-consuming and error-prone task. Working with a reputable fitment data source allows us to ensure that your catalog is always accurate and up-to-date. A competent fitment data provider will have a staff of specialists who continually update their database with the most up-to-date information. In the long run, this will save you a lot of time and work!
Many of these tools will save you time by providing you with a fully completed, ready-to-use product catalog that has been thoroughly mapped to make and model combinations. You’ll also get access to an extensive fitment database and regular updates for new vehicle models. Many of these solutions come with their own Amazon or eBay listing tools as well. This way, you may quickly list your items on these eCommerce sites without having to worry about the fitment data yourself.
How To Increase Sales With An Accurate Car Parts Catalog
An accurate car parts catalog is essential for any car parts business. Inaccurate or out-of-date information can lead to lost sales and unhappy customers. Here are some tips on how to increase sales by maintaining an accurate car parts catalog:
- Make sure your contact information is up-to-date. Customers will not be able to buy from you if they can’t reach you.
- Include as much detail as possible in your product descriptions. The more information a customer has, the more likely they will buy from you.
- Make sure your prices are up-to-date. Nothing turns off a customer more than seeing a price listed that is different from what they actually have to pay.
- If you offer discounts, make sure the information is accurate and up-to-date. Nothing is more frustrating to a customer than finding out that a deal they were counting on is no longer available.
- Ensure that fitment data doesn’t “spoil,” otherwise, you risk having customers purchase parts that don’t fit their car. This is, by far, the most important aspect of parts catalog accuracy.
Maintaining an accurate car parts catalog takes time and effort, but it is essential for any car parts business. By ensuring that your catalog is accurate and up-to-date, you will increase sales and keep your customers happy.
How can myFitment help?
myFitment was founded in 2013 to help online parts and accessory merchants accept the complicated but powerful ACES data standard. myFitment has assisted over 5,000 vendors by offering them fitment for platforms including eBay, Amazon, NewEgg, AutoZone, and other retailers. InquisitorTM technology can assist you in locating:
- The Best-Selling Categories
- The Best-Selling Titles
- Maximum Vehicle Coverage
- Item Specifics
- Product Details
The only choice for communicating ACES data before myFitment was costly subscriptions or pricey Windows-based software, both of which were designed for traditional aftermarket manufacturers and brands. We understand the needs of our eCommerce clients at myFitment, and we’ve developed a solution that meets your demands while also including far more functionality than you’d anticipate for the price.
We employ automation in our solutions since that is what works best for us. We have hundreds of reports and bulk processes to keep you out of the weeds and run your online components and accessories business effectively.
ACES-trained and ready to assist you in managing and communicating your most valuable business asset: product information, our staff has decades of aftermarket industry knowledge, including at the country’s top retailers and distributors. Our Customer Success Team is ACES-trained and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you handle and communicate your company’s most important assets: information on products.
It doesn’t have to be difficult to keep your automobile component catalog up-to-date. You can guarantee that your consumers are able to discover the right parts for their cars by using the appropriate tools and updating fitment data on a regular basis. Furthermore, keeping your catalog current allows you to avoid customer aggravation and ensure that your business runs smoothly.
With myFitment, you’ll be able to do it all with ease. MyFitment is a comprehensive solution for managing your fitment data that lets you focus on running your business. If you would like to learn more about how myFitment can help you maintain your car parts catalog, visit our website or contact us today!