Amazon is a popular marketplace for online auto parts dealerships. In fact, Amazon is the largest online marketplace in the world. It will account for over 43.9% of all online retail sales in the United States in 2021. That’s up from around 41% in late 2020. When it comes to auto parts and accessories, Amazon is a top destination for shoppers. This is because Amazon offers a great shopping experience with a wide selection of products, competitive prices, fast shipping, and great customer service.
Online car dealers that want to succeed on Amazon need to make sure their products are accurately listed in the correct categories and have good product descriptions. One way to ensure this is by using fitment data tools. Fitment data tools help online retailers determine what vehicle-specific auto parts or accessories will fit. This information is essential when uploading products on Amazon, as it ensures that shoppers can find the right products quickly and easily.
The benefits of using fitment data tools on Amazon are vast, and it’s important to understand those benefits before uploading your products. This article will discuss what benefits you can experience through the use of a fitment tool and how this tool benefits you when it comes to the Amazon marketplace.
What Is Fitment Data?
Fitment data is the technical specification of a part used to ensure the correct parts are ordered for a specific vehicle. This data is important because it ensures that the right car parts are being ordered and helps to eliminate returns due to incorrect fitment. The automotive industry is filled with an abundance of data. Each vehicle has thousands of components. Product information for each component may be found, such as brand name, part number, dimensions, type, and price.
After that, you’ll find fitment details for each component, such as what the part fits. This data can differ by trim, engine size, and gearbox type, which may vary depending on model year. The intricacy of fitting data creates two problems in today’s auto aftermarket:
- Dealerships can’t compete online: According to a study by Hedges & Co., total sales of new car parts and accessories in the United States will rise nearly 30%. However, competing in online part purchases necessitates having up-to-date year-make-model information. Customers have grown accustomed to receiving it. Fitment data isn’t effective unless it’s accurate and accessible.
- Fitment errors result in customer dissatisfaction: It’s nearly impossible to use manual procedures to gather and govern product and fitment data. It lowers customer trust and increases returns if a client receives an incorrect item. In addition, bad information may cause delays in product development, putting your company at a competitive disadvantage.
The Auto Care Association (ACA) in the United States is the primary database for vehicle fitment information. The ACA has established the Product Information Exchange Standard (PIES) and Aftermarket Catalog Exchange Standard (ACES) to ensure auto-part data quality and standardization. Each flat file aids in the creation of a unified product data offering.
- The ACES standard is a framework for vehicle configurations that allows part applications for light-duty on-road vehicles. Most aftermarket resellers (distributors and retailers) use ACES as the basis for part-to-vehicle choice.
- The PIES standard is more often used for vehicle components and systems and heavy-duty (truck) vehicles, off-road vehicles, and other applications.
- The PAdb (part attribute database from ACA Auto Care Association) assigns standardized physical and performance categories to a majority of part types.
These vehicle components standards are beneficial, yet they also create complexity in data management. It’s a difficult job for industry experts who have used different methods.
What Is A Fitment Data Tool?
A fitment data tool is needed to solve the issues mentioned above regarding fitment data accuracy and comprehensiveness. A fitment data tool is a software application that allows Amazon dealerships to quickly and easily find the right parts for their customers’ vehicles.
This tool consumes all available product information and compares it against the customer’s vehicle make, model, and year. It then returns a list of potential part matches along with detailed information about each match.
Such a software solution will help retailers ensure that their fitment data is always accurate and up-to-date. It also allows them to bulk-import fitment data into their online catalogs and automatically matches parts with vehicles.
Fitment data tools must be able to:
- Find and list all available matches for a chosen vehicle within seconds
- Provide the exact part measurements, such as dimensions and weight
- Have access to industry databases that include manufacturer information about each product
- The ability to identify which parts are compatible with specific makes, models, and years
- The ability to provide accurate fitment dimensions for each part
Amazon dealerships will save time on manual tasks with this tool while increasing customer satisfaction by providing correct fitments. This benefits their business in terms of increased sales volume and reduced return rates due to incorrect orders sent out from the warehouse.
The Benefits of Using Fitment Tools for Amazon Dealerships
Fitment tools help online retailers by providing this data when uploading products onto Amazon. The benefits of using a fitment data tool on Amazon go beyond just being able to upload more successfully. They also include increased revenue from fewer returns due to improper fittings, increased customer satisfaction with better product descriptions that list all appropriate fitting information, and more!
The benefits of using these tools include:
- Reduced return rates due to incorrect fitment – When fitment is introduced incorrectly, it can lead to unhappy customers and a lot of product returns. Data-driven fitment tools help reduce the chances of this happening, as they take all the necessary dimensions into account when listing products on Amazon.
- More accurate product descriptions – In order to list all fitting information for each product, online retailers need comprehensive data about every part they sell. Data-driven fitment tools provide this data automatically, helping online retailers list more accurate product descriptions on Amazon.
- Increased revenue from fewer returns – With a better understanding of the applicable requirements for each part sold on Amazon, auto parts sellers can increase their income by reducing return rates and listing products that are less likely to be returned.
- Better customer satisfaction – Online retailers who use fitment data tools will list more accurate product descriptions, which can lead to increased customer satisfaction. This benefits the customers by giving them a better understanding of how their part fits onto their vehicle and benefits online retail businesses with happier shoppers that are less likely to return products due to incorrect fitment.
- An easier listing process on Amazon’s marketplace – When online retailers have all the data they need about their products, product listings on Amazon become a lot easier. This benefits both customers and businesses since it can help reduce return rates due to incorrect fitment or inaccurate information while also decreasing time spent listing products onto one of the most popular marketplaces in existence.
All in all, data-driven fitment tools are essential for online retailers looking to list products on Amazon. By taking advantage of their benefits, businesses can increase their revenue from fewer returns and better customer satisfaction. Considering the importance of Amazon as a sales channel, it’s definitely worth using these tools to make sure your products are a perfect fit!
How myFitment Benefits Your Amazon Dealership
One such fitment tool is myFitment, launched in 2013 to help online parts and accessories merchants comply with the ACES data standard. Our powerful, simple-to-use, and inexpensive solution helps sellers increase sales and avoid costly returns. Thousands of sellers have used myFitment to create fitments for platforms like eBay, Amazon, NewEgg, AutoZone, Wal-Mart, and many more. Among the many benefits of myFitment, we can include:
- Increased Sales – The ability to ensure a precise, transparent fitment helps customers by removing any concerns about whether the component will fit the intended automobile.
- Minimizing Costly Returns – Products don’t make it back up the supply chain as effectively as they do down it. You may correct your mistakes using myFitment right away.
- Improving Your Brand Reputation – Consumers have more faith in your brand when you connect your product with clear fitment data.
- Staying Ahead of The Competition – New cars are added to the market every month! Even BEFORE they reach the market, myFitment shows you these cars. As a small business, particularly, this will prove to be highly beneficial.
- Identify New Opportunities – Your products are linked to every listing on all prominent marketplaces, so our InquisitorTM technology can immediately identify the vehicle compatibility issues you have and identify new opportunities for improvement.
- Saving Time and Money – The myFitment system can handle thousands of vehicle combinations at once, and you may use the user interface or Excel files to interact with it. Doing so will save you a lot of time and resources in the process.
All of these benefits can lead to increased sales and a better customer experience on Amazon. For auto parts dealerships, using fitment data tools is essential for success on the world’s largest eCommerce platform. For more information, contact us today!