If you’re an auto parts business that wants to sell its goods on eBay, you need to be using eBay Motors’ Parts Compatibility listings. These listings are designed to help buyers find the right parts for their vehicles, and they work by matching up your products with the vehicles that are listed in eBay’s database.
In addition, eBay Motors’ Parts Compatibility listings make use of fitment data, which is a set of industry-standardized data that helps ensure accurate compatibility information. The benefits of using eBay Motors’ Parts Compatibility listings are numerous, so keep reading to learn more!
What Exactly Is Fitment Data?
Fitment data is the information that lets potential customers know if a car part or accessory will fit their vehicle. In contrast to other industries, third-party auto parts are generally compatible with over 30 different vehicles, which can be confusing for some people. Often, buyers are unaware that a particular part is compatible with their vehicle. They might purchase the wrong product because they didn’t know about other options available or different compatibility requirements for model years of the same car.
Vehicle fitment data includes information like make, model, and year, as well as more precise details such as engine size and trim level. This data is crucial since it ensures that purchasers get the correct parts for their cars. Vehicle fitment data is necessary to the automobile sector since it allows consumers and technicians. This data can be utilized by dealerships, dealers, and other stakeholders in the supply chain to generate ACES or PIES-compliant automotive data feeds. To put it another way, anybody from manufacturers to customers may utilize this sort of information to see whether a part will fit on a specific automobile.
How Does Fitment Data Work With The ACES and PIES Standards?
Aftermarket Catalog Exchange Standard (ACES) and Product Information Exchange Standard (PIES) are two product data standards used by carmakers and suppliers. The Auto Care Association (ACA) created them as a means of standardizing fitment information and other aftermarket automotive parts information.
ACES and PIES are standards that help ensure general vehicle information is easily understood by customers, dealerships, manufacturers, suppliers, etc. They are used to create a precise fit for a specific car and label the product’s specific details. ACES is employed by dealer retailers so they can convert fitment info into their systems. Automotive companies mainly use PIES internally when requiring fitment data from parts distributors.
You can transmit the fitments listed in ACES and PIES-compliant data feeds directly into consumer-facing web apps or mobile applications using APIs (Application Programming Interfaces). This way, consumers can research whether a product is compatible with their specific vehicle before making an online purchase. In other words, both fitment data standards make it possible to accurately transmit critical information between stakeholders in different parts of the automotive industry.
Aftermarket parts merchants use online fitting tools to help customers locate the appropriate components for their cars. These technologies rely on ACES and PIES-compliant data to produce reliable suggestions based on a vehicle’s make, model, year, engine type (petrol or diesel), shifting (manual or automatic), and other factors.
How eBay Parts Compatibility Works
A great example of this is eBay’s Product Identifiers (ePIDs), which are available in two forms and enable buyers to look for vehicle components based on the make, model, and year of their automobile. These are also called Parts Compatibility Listings.
- Fitment ePIDs – A list of all of the data about a specific make, model, and year of a car. The Fitment ePIDs are updated regularly. The Fitment ePIDs are names for a particular automobile maker, model, and year, and eBay has a list of them here. Sellers may utilize an up-to-date ePID to identify their component’s vehicle or a variety of vehicles for which it is suited. In addition to the Fitment Notes field, the Fitment ePID section includes additional drop-down menus: Year (start), Year (end), Model, Make, Trim, etc.
- Catalog ePIDs – The MPN (Manufacturer Part Number) and Brand are used to categorize the catalog information, which tells sellers about all compatible motor parts for a specific component. Sellers can use this tool to choose an item from eBay’s catalog based on its ePID, and those items are listed by MPN (Manufacturer Part Number) and Brand. They imply all of the known compatibility information for that component. To find the ePID you’re looking for, type a search term into the Catalog ePIDs section. Once your search is completed, a drop-down menu will appear with all of your discovered options. To select one, click on “Select an Option” in the drop-down list. After that, every result corresponding to your chosen term(s) will be displayed. If multiple compatible vehicles are showing up, they’ll be paginated so scroll through if needed.
How Do eBay Parts Compatibility Listings Help My Auto Parts Business?
eBay Motors Parts Compatibility is a great way for auto parts businesses to list their products on the eCommerce platform. There are numerous benefits to using eBay Motors’ Parts Compatibility features. Among these, we can include the following:
- Parts Compatibility helps buyers find what they’re looking for: eBay’s Product Identifiers (ePIDs) enable buyers to look for vehicle components based on the make, model, and year of their automobile. This means that buyers looking for parts on eBay will be able to find what they need more easily, and businesses selling parts on eBay will benefit from increased visibility.
- Parts Compatibility listings are easy to create: eBay provides fitment data in both ACES and PIES formats, so businesses can easily create Parts Compatibility listings that are compliant with these standards. In addition, eBay’s fitment data is updated regularly, so businesses can be sure that their listings are always up-to-date.
- Parts Compatibility listings help businesses sell more parts: By making it easier for buyers to find the right parts for their cars, businesses selling parts on eBay will be able to sell more parts. In addition, eBay’s Parts Compatibility feature includes a “Request a Quote” button that allows buyers to request quotes from multiple sellers, so businesses can easily generate leads from Parts Compatibility listings. eBay’s Parts Compatibility feature is a great way for businesses to list their products on the eCommerce platform.
- Parts Compatibility listings are more trustworthy: eBay’s Parts Compatibility listings are based on data from parts distributors. This means that buyers looking at Parts Compatibility listings can be sure that the listings are accurate and trustworthy. eBay’s Parts Compatibility feature is a great way for businesses to list their products on the eCommerce platform. eBay’s Parts Compatibility feature is a great way for businesses to list their products on the eCommerce platform.
- Parts Compatibility listings ensure that the critical information about a product is accurately transmitted between stakeholders in different parts of the automotive industry: eBay’s Parts Compatibility listings use the industry-standard ACES and PIES data formats. This means that businesses can be sure that the information in their Parts Compatibility listings will be accurately transmitted to buyers, parts distributors, retailers, and other stakeholders in the automotive industry.
- Parts Compatibility listings are a great way for businesses to list their products on eBay: By using eBay’s Parts Compatibility feature, businesses can increase their visibility, generate leads, and sell more parts. In addition, Parts Compatibility listings are based on trusted data sources and use industry-standard data formats, so businesses can be sure that their listings are accurate and trustworthy.
How myFitment Can Help
Uploading fitment data onto eBay Motors can be a daunting and time-consuming task. myFitment’s eBay Integration tool can automate this process, saving you time and effort. myFitment will take your fitment data in ACES or PIES format and upload it to eBay Motors for you.
In addition, myFitment can keep your eBay listings updated automatically, so you can be sure that your listings are always accurate. myFitment’s eBay Integration tool is an easy way to create and manage eBay Parts Compatibility listings. Likewise, myFitment’s tool allows you to update multiple eBay listings at once (bulk importing), so you can save even more time.
eBay Motors’ Part Compatibility feature helps retailers to move more products by making it easier for buyers to find the right parts for their cars. eBay’s Parts Compatibility feature is a great way for businesses to list their products on the eCommerce platform. myFitment will take the hassle out of managing eBay Parts Compatibility listings for you, so you can focus on selling parts. For more information on how myFitment can help your business, please visit our website or contact us today.