If you’re a business owner who specializes in selling auto parts and accessories, then you know that the market is constantly changing. It can be tough to keep up with what’s selling and what’s not.
In this article, we’ll talk about what auto parts and accessories sell the most online. We’ll also discuss the benefits of selling car parts and accessories online, as opposed to through a brick-and-mortar store.
Finally, we’ll list the best eCommerce marketplaces where to sell auto parts and accessories.
Why Selling Auto Parts Online Is Better?
There are several reasons why selling auto parts online is a better option than selling them through brick-and-mortar stores. For one, selling online allows you to reach a wider audience. You’re not limited by geographic location, so that you can sell to customers worldwide. Additionally, selling online gives you the ability to sell 24/7. Your store is open even when you’re sleeping! This is a huge advantage over brick-and-mortar stores, which have limited hours and are closed on Sundays.
Another benefit of selling auto parts online is that it’s easier to track inventory. When selling in brick-and-mortar stores, keeping track of what’s selling and what needs to be restocked can be difficult. With an online store, you can easily track your inventory and make sure you always have the products your customers want.
Finally, selling online is generally less expensive than selling in brick-and-mortar stores. You don’t have to worry about the overhead costs associated with physical stores, such as rent, utilities, and employees.
The Best Places to Sell Auto Parts Online
Now that we’ve discussed the benefits of selling auto parts online, let’s talk about the best places to sell them. The platforms listed below are great places to reach a wide audience of potential customers.
- Amazon: Amazon is one of the largest eCommerce platforms in the world. They have a huge customer base and offer sellers a wide range of tools and resources. Selling car parts and accessories on Amazon should be a top priority.
- eBay: eBay is another great option for selling auto parts online. Selling on eBay is a good idea since they have a large customer base and offer a variety of listing options to sellers.
- Walmart: Walmart is a large retailer that offers sellers the opportunity to list their products on their website. They have a wide reach and offer competitive prices.
- Your eCommerce Website: Don’t forget about selling auto parts on your own eCommerce website! This is a great way to build brand awareness and create a loyal customer base.
These are just a few of the many eCommerce platforms available to sellers today. If you’re selling auto parts and accessories, be sure to list your products on one or more of these platforms.
What Auto Parts Sell Best on Each Platform?
Let’s now talk about what auto parts sell best on each platform. Due to the somewhat different nature of each of these eCommerce marketplaces, their audiences also tend to differ somewhat. Amazon, for example, is the largest eCommerce platform with millions of daily users. eBay Motors, on the other hand, is a bit more niche, with a customer base that’s more interested in car parts and accessories.
This means that certain auto parts will sell better on certain platforms. For example, Amazon is known for selling a wide variety of items, so you’ll likely have success selling all kinds of auto parts on its platform. eBay Motors, on the other hand, is a great place to sell car parts and accessories that are more specialized or hard to find.
To maximize your chances of success, it’s important to list your products on the platform that’s most likely to appeal to your target customer. Do some research and figure out where your target customer is most likely to shop. Then, list your products on that platform.
Selling auto parts online is a great way to reach a wider audience and boost your sales. Be sure to list your products on the best eCommerce platforms for maximum exposure. And remember to consider what auto parts sell best on each platform before listing your products. By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to success!
What Car Parts Sell Best On Amazon?
If you’re looking for a platform that offers a wide variety of items, Amazon is a great option. You can sell all kinds of auto parts on Amazon, from engine parts to exterior accessories. To give you an idea of what sells well on Amazon, here are some of the top-selling categories:
- Car care and maintenance: This includes items like car wax, polishes, cleaners, manuals and literature, and more.
- Engine parts: This includes items like a catalytic converter, fuel pump, oil filters, battery accessories, spark plugs, and air filters.
- Exterior accessories: This includes items like lighting products, car covers, floor mats, and mud flaps.
- Interior accessories: This includes items like seat covers, steering wheel covers, and sun shades.
As you can see, there’s a wide range of auto parts that sell well on Amazon. If you’re looking for a platform with a wide reach and a diverse customer base, Amazon is a great option.
What Car Parts Sell Best On eBay?
eBay Motors is a great place to sell car parts and accessories that are more specialized or hard to find. Due to the niche nature of the platform, eBay shoppers tend to be more interested in car parts and accessories than they are on other platforms. This makes eBay a great place to sell items like performance parts, racing parts, and aftermarket accessories.
To give you an idea of what top-selling car parts and accessories on eBay Motors, here are some of the most popular auto parts categories:
- Performance parts: This includes items like performance chips and programmers, cold air intakes, shocks and struts, brake discs, exhaust systems, catalytic converters, fuel pumps, and suspension components.
- Racing parts: This includes items like racing seats, roll cages, and fire extinguishers.
- Aftermarket accessories: This includes items like keyless entry fobs, lighting products, led lights, jump batteries, body kits, dash kits, spoilers, and window tints.
As you can see, eBay Motors is a great place to sell car parts and accessories that are more specialized. If you’re looking for a platform with a customer base that’s interested in car parts and accessories, eBay Motors is a great option.
What Car Parts Sell Best On Walmart Marketplace?
Walmart Marketplace is a great place to sell car parts and accessories that are more common or mass-produced. Due to the large reach of Walmart, customers tend to be more interested in items that are widely available and easy to find. This makes Walmart a great place to sell items like oil filters, air filters, and wiper blades.
To give you an idea of what sells well on Walmart Marketplace, here are some of the most popular categories:
- Oil filters: This includes items like engine oil filters, transmission oil filters, and cabin air filters.
- Air filters: This includes items like engine air filters, cabin air filters, and cold air intakes.
- Wiper blades: This includes items like windshield wiper blades, rear wiper blades, and wiper arm assemblies.
As you can see, Walmart Marketplace is a great place to sell car parts and accessories that are more common. If you’re looking for a platform with a wide reach and a customer base that’s interested in easily-accessible items, Walmart Marketplace is a great option.
What Car Parts To Sell On Your Own Auto Parts eCommerce Website?
If you’re looking to create your own eCommerce website, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, you’ll need to choose a platform or CMS (Content Management System) that’s right for you. Second, you’ll need to select a domain name and hosting plan. And lastly, you’ll need to choose what auto parts and accessories to sell on your website.
Unlike the other platforms, your eCommerce website gives you the freedom to sell whatever auto parts and accessories you want. However, this also means that you’ll need to put in more work to market your website and attract customers.
If you’re looking for a platform with no restrictions and the ability to sell whatever you want, your own eCommerce website is a great option. Just be prepared to put in the extra work to market your website and attract customers.
If you want to sell car parts or auto accessories online, remember that it’s not enough to just carry the most popular items. With a lot of competition out there, you have to stay current with best practices for online sales if you don’t want your business to fall behind. This means keeping up with what’s trending in the industry and using marketing tools like social media and digital campaigns. And finally, it’s crucial that we understand who our target audience is so we know what they’re looking for when they buy car parts online.
If you want your auto parts store or eCommerce platform listings to be optimized, then use high-quality images of the product along with clear titles and descriptions. It’s also a good idea to show more than one image so potential customers can see the item from multiple angles.
To make sure customers can find your auto parts online, pay attention to categorizing your products correctly. This way, you’ll be more visible when customers do keyword research. Remember that detailed fitment data is essential for auto parts eCommerce. Without it, potential customers won’t know if the part will work with their vehicle.
At myFitment, we provide decades of automotive aftermarket industry experience to help you increase sales. Our clear and accurate fitment capability eliminates buyers’ doubts as to whether the part will fit their intended vehicle. Ask us how we can help you identify opportunities, save time, smoke the competition, and build your brand today!