Do you sell car parts on eBay? If so, you need to know about fitment compatibility data. Fitment compatibility data is information that tells eBay Motors what vehicles a particular part will fit. This information is essential for anyone who sells car parts online because it ensures that potential buyers can see that the part they are interested in will fit their vehicle.
eBay’s product catalog is a great way for sellers of auto parts and accessories to list compatible vehicles. This is helpful for many eBay sellers because the information can be uploaded all at once, or you can use the Part Compatibility tool which may already have data about your products. However, there are some limitations to keep in mind when using the product catalog – your parts might not be included in the existing catalog information, details could be inaccurate, or they may not be available in your country.
By giving the correct information in your automobile parts listing, you’ll receive fewer inquiries from your customers asking if a component fits their car. It will also boost buyer confidence in their purchase of auto parts and accessories, lower returns caused by buyers who bought the incorrect part, and expand your market reach. In other words, including auto part compatibility details on current listings will provide both the auto part vendor and the buyer with a better buying experience that will result in increased sales.
In this article, we will discuss what eBay fitment is and how to upload fitment compatibility data to eBay Motors.
How eBay Fitment Works
eBay Product IDs (ePIDs) come in two forms, and they allow buyers to search for vehicle parts based on the specific make, model, and year of their vehicle. These are also known as Parts Compatibility Listings.
- Fitment ePIDs – Information related to a particular vehicle. The Fitment ePIDs list is regularly updated. The Fitment ePIDs are referring to a particular make, model, and year of a car, and eBay has a list of them here. Sellers may use an up-to-date ePID to identify the vehicle or a range of vehicles for which their component is suitable. In addition to the Fitment Notes field, the Fitment ePID section includes six additional drop-down menus: Year (start), Year (end), Model, Make, Trim, and Engine.
- Catalog ePIDs – The catalog information is classified by MPN (Manufacturer Part Number) and Brand, which gives details about all compatible motor parts for a specific part. This tool allows sellers to choose a part in eBay’s catalog based on its ePID, and those parts are organized by MPN (Manufacturer Part Number) and Brand. They imply all of the known compatibility information for that particular component. In the Catalog ePIDs section, type a search term into the search box. When your search is finished, you’ll be presented with a dropdown menu containing all of your discovered ePIDs. To get started, click on “Select an Option” in the dropdown. After you do that, all of the results for your term(s) will appear. If compatible with multiple vehicles, they’ll be paginated.
What’s The Best Way To Upload Fitment Compatibility Data To eBay?
You must first make certain that you have designated custom fields for Fitment and Catalog ePIDs, as well as appropriate notes, in your settings. You’ll also want to double-check that the Fitment Settings in your business are configured properly.
Setting up Fitment Custom Fields
The first step is to create unique user fields for Fitment ePIDs, Catalog ePIDs, and Fitment Notes (if you don’t already have them). Click on “+ Add Custom User Field” to add the Fitment and Catalog ePID fields. Fill in product information and item specifics in the Add Custom User Field form (choose from the dropdown menu). After you’ve done that, click Save Settings in the bottom right corner of the website page, and the new field will be generated.
After you add the Fitment Notes field, open the Add Custom User Field form and enter the required information. Then, click Save Settings. Once you’ve finished all of the custom user fields, you’ll need to display your components with compatibility data.
How To Adjust Fitment Settings
To change your fitment settings, go to Settings, then click on Channels. Once on the Channel’s settings page, click on the name of an instance that you need to adjust the Fitment setting for. When you select a name, its section will expand so that you can see its corresponding settings. Scroll down until coming across either Fitment ePID Field or Catalog ePID Field setting before making edits per what is needed.
There are five settings within Fitment that you can adjust to control how it operates on your eBay – they are:
- Fitment compatibility – This setting is an ON/OFF toggle that controls whether the compatibility data is sent to eBay and if the Fitment section can be displayed on the single item editor page. If it’s set to ON, then both sending data and displaying sections are possible; however, if set to OFF, neither will be available.
- Fitment refresh – This setting determines whether to keep or remove the old Fitment data from a listing when you update or relist it. When turned on, any prior data will be erased and replaced with new information. If turned off, the old data won’t be deleted but combined with any newly added data.
- Fitment ePID Field and Catalog ePID field – The dropdown field in these settings lets you choose which custom user fields to map onto the Fitment ePID and Catalog ePID fields.
- Fitment Notes Field – In the dropdown menu, you can select a custom user field to map it to the Fitment Notes field. To do so, click on the “fitment notes” value. This field allows sellers to add notes next to their Fitment ePIDs in their auto parts listings. With a 500-character limit, the Fitment Notes field is an excellent way to place info that you think your buyers would want or need to know. Whenever a note is entered into Fitment Notes, it will apply not only to those specific Fitment ePIDs chosen for the listing but also to any Catalog ePIDs associated with them as well. This means that whatever custom note(s) added under Fitment Notes overrides any kind of generic notes already saved for cataloged items.
- Adding fitment/compatibility information to an item – Now that you have the fitment fields created and the fitment settings configured, it’s time to start adding fitment information to products.
You may add compatibility fitment data to your eBay listings once you’ve finished the Fitment setup. On the New Product or Edit Product page, provide item details, then fill out the Fitment section with your fitment information. If you can’t find the Fitment area after filling in your product information, go through your listing to see if everything is in order:
- Fitment compatibility setting – This should be ON. Verify this by going to Settings > Channels > eBay Options.
- eBay Site ID – eBay Motors must be selected.
- eBay Category ID – The eBay Motors category ID must be included.
Bulk eBay Fitment Uploading
To submit large amounts of fitment data:
- Go to the Inventory Menu and select Product Info.
- Choose Import eBay Parts Compatibility List, save the template file, fill in the compatibility data next to the ID, and upload it.
- Return to the Import eBay Parts Compatibility List page and select the previously-saved file.
myFitment is an essential tool for auto part sellers who want to improve their buyer experience on eBay. With myFitment, they can rest assured that their fitment data is complete and accurate, in the right format for each marketplace. The solution automates the process of transforming ACES data (for Amazon) to eBay Fitment data or eBay Fitment data to ACES format.
MyFitment is a cloud-based software that automates data gathering. It allows you to connect many different sources of data and bulk data entry by uploading Excel spreadsheets. Our platform enables sellers of automobile parts and accessories to manage their information from one location for a variety of eCommerce platforms. The benefit of having a list on hand with Make, Model, and Year is that it makes it easier for purchasers to find the elements they require.
To date, we have assisted thousands of automobile part vendors in perfecting their fitment for not only eBay but other eCommerce sites like Amazon, Walmart, AutoZone, and NewEgg. If you are an automobile part vendor and would like to improve your fitment data, feel free to contact us today!